He pauses for a moment and then rattles off, "Can I turn the t.v. on? The t.v. is usually on. I didn't know you were down here because the t.v. wasn't on."
Is he concerned? If the television is off does that indicate something is tragically wrong in our house?Is the world coming to an abrupt end??
Seems I should be the one concerned. We were going to shut the cable off two days ago but our provider decided it would be better to offer us a great deal to keep us from leaving. (One that, I might add, DOUBLED our internet speed (insert oohs and ahhs here) AND gave us Showtime for less than what we were previously paying.) At that time, I chose to forgo the Mother of The Year Award and cave in to my (barely English speaking) cable company representative's ploy.
After this morning's questions from the 9 year old I have decided to rethink my decision. Maybe our house would be better without cable. At the very least, maybe my 9 year old would find something better to talk to his mom about...
Also, wouldn't we be more active and productive (gasp!) with no cable shows calling us to the couch?!
Love it! This will be a great place to start using your writing talent and wit. Love ya, Mom
ReplyDeleteThanks Momma!
ReplyDeletehaha just unplug it for a week and see that crazyness comes about haha
ReplyDelete