Our family

Our family

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This socks!

So I know not many people care to hear me complain about my housework but there is one part of doing laundry that I absolutely despise beyond belief. SOCKS! I don't mind washing all of the socks in the house (even though Chris' socks can be quite the challenge after being in boots all day) or putting them away. Oh no, it is the step in between those two that I will avoid like the plague! Matching and folding socks is the worst!
I have tried leaving the basket full of socks in the laundry room so people will just take them when needed. Do you you think that works?? Oh, of course not! When my boys come home and take off their shoes I see mismatched socks on their feet or even worse...MY socks on THEIR feet!! Oh the horror!!
Let me share something with you...there are few things in this world that I appreciate more than putting on a pair of cozy socks that are clean and fit my feet comfortably. To me, it is like putting on a brand new pair of tennis shoes. Something about the perfect fit makes me feel sooooo good! This might sound silly, but in a house where very few things are actually MINE and all MINE, I absolutely love my socks! (Ok, Mindy...deep breath...it will be ok...)
So where was I? Oh, ok...My boys like to wear my socks. I can't stand it. Chris' huge feet have destroyed some of my favorite pairs of sock perfection. Christan's feet seem to be a magnet for dirt that doesn't like to come out of Mommy's socks, no matter what I use. (Please, save your suggestions...I lovingly promise I have tried it all.)
So...I sit here and try to give myself a pep talk to get me motivated to fold these socks that are staring at me through the slits in the basket. They know I don't like folding them. I believe that is why some of them hide in the dryer and I can't make perfect matches of pairs!
Photobucket

The one thing I have learned to do and need to convert to completely is oh so wonderful Hanes women's socks with the pink toe and heel. These are my only salvation because my boys would rather walk through fire than be caught dead in white and pink socks. I love my pink toed Hanes. Now I have to try to enjoy wearing them and stop counting down the days until Grace comes home, takes off her shoes and puts her feet on the coffee table...wearing my pink toed possessions. This socks!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment